- Private practice in Madison, NJ 1997 – to present.
- Jersey Battered Women’s Service, Abuse Ceases Today Program (ACT),
the batterer intervention counseling program in Morris County New Jersey 1989 – 1997
- South Beach Psychiatric Center – State Hospital of New York, Staten Island, NY,
Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, Psychologist II 1994
- Fair Oaks Hospital in Summit, NJ, Mental Health Associate,
Adult Inpatient Treatment Unit 1983-1985
- Community Psychiatric Institute in Maplewood, NJ,
Mental Health Clinician – Young Adult Intensive Outpatient Program. 1985-1987
Clinical Training Experience
Permit supervision for private practice beginning in 1997:
- Herbert Potash Ph. D., provided supervision for my work with adult clients,
with a focus on his approach to pragmatic existential psychotherapy.
- Kim Arthur, Ph.D., school psychologist for Madison High School,
provided supervision for my work with child and adolescent clients.
Internship: North Central Bronx Hospital, a municipal affiliate
of Montefiore Medical Center -Albert Einstein School of Medicine 1992.
- Adult inpatient psychiatric service. Primary therapist,
providing individual and group psychotherapy
- Adult psychiatric emergency room. Conducted initial intake
interviews of patients in crisis as they enter the emergency room.
- Outpatient family therapy service with accompanying seminar
with Evan Imber-Black, Ph.D. I had the opportunity to conduct
family therapy utilizing a team approach.
- General medical unit. Provided psychological support services to post-surgical patients.
Externship: Children’s Day Hospital, New York Hospital,
Cornell Medical Center – Westchester Division 1991
- Primary therapist in therapeutic school setting on the hospital grounds.
Provided individual and group psychotherapy to pre-adolescent children
- Conducted child neuropsychological testing through
the hospital outpatient department
- Participated in a year-long seminar in child neuropsychological testing
Externship: Bensonhurst Outpatient Department of the South Beach Psychiatric Center –
State Psychiatric of New York 1990
- Individual psychotherapy on adult out-patient service
- Adult group psychotherapy
- Intake interviews
- Mobile Out-Reach Service: providing follow-up on out-patients living
in supervised settings throughout Brooklyn